ZETS Recipe for Apple Pie with Serbian Cheese Pie Crust (Makes 4 rolls)
par Martina Joksimovic
A brief explanation of the composition and quality of the filling:
- One jar (of 750 ml) contains about 5-6 peeled and sliced apples and 1/3 cup of yellow cane sugar (which breaks down in the body like honey and not like white sugar or colored refined sugar).
- The gelled mass is made from ZETS apple juice without any additives (only pasteurized).
- 8 crusts for Serbian cheese pie
- Jar of ZETS Apple Pie Filling
- Melted butter
- A cup of ground and 4 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 2 bags of vanilla sugar and a little sour water
1. Separate 2 crusts for one roll. Lightly brush the first crust with butter and sprinkle half a bag of vanilla and half a spoonful of walnuts all across the crust.
2. Put the second crust on top and spread it with butter, pour ¼ of the apple filling, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, and roll up.
3. Coat the baking sheet with butter and line up the finished rolls. Brush the rolls with a little butter and carbonated water before baking.
4. Place in an oven at 175°C, bake for about 20 minutes under foil. After 20 minutes, unfold the pie and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
5. Cut into square-sized pieces when hot, then sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.