ZETS Recipe for Viennese Strudel
by Martina Joksimovic
A brief explanation of the composition and quality of the filling:
- One jar (of 750 ml) contains about 5-6 peeled and sliced apples and 1/3 cup of yellow cane sugar (which breaks down in the body like honey and not like white sugar or colored refined sugar).
- The gelled mass is made from ZETS apple juice without any additives (only pasteurized).
- Half a cup of ground walnuts
- Half a cup of plasma (or other biscuit as desired)
- Handful of raisins soaked in rum
- A handful of oatmeal
- 2 sachets of vanilla
Rolls have two crusts, just like a regular pie (recipe for apple pie with Serbian pie crusts), with the difference of what is put on the first or second crust and additional ingredients.
1. Lightly spread the first crust with melted butter, and lightly sprinkle the crumbled biscuits with walnuts and half a bag of vanilla on the entire crust.
2. Put the second crust on top and also spread it lightly with butter. Then pour a quarter of the filling on a third of the surface of the crust, sprinkle ¼ of oatmeal and sometimes ¼ of raisins.
3. Roll up and place in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat the process with the remaining 3 rolls.
4. Spread the crusts with butter and carbonated water.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes at 175°C.
For the first 20 minutes, cover with foil (pierced in several places with a fork to let steam out) and for the remaining 20 minutes, bake uncovered without foil. Cut hot, do not cover while warm to keep crispy. Cover the completely cooled pie.
6. and serve the pie 🧑🍳🤌 🥧